An Appeal for Rohingya Relief
Since August 25, 2017, the Burmese military have committed killings, rapes, arbitrary arrests, and mass arson of homes in hundreds of predominantly Rohingya villages in northern Rakhine State, forcing more than 700,000 Rohingya to flee to neighboring Bangladesh. Human Rights Watch has found that this abuse amounts to crimes against humanity under international law.
- 52% of the women surveyed by the United Nations were raped
- More than 40% children are orphans
BDesh Foundation has working partners in Bangladesh who are authorized to work inside the Rohingya camps and assess the needs of authorized camps:
- Your efforts will help refugee brothers and sisters in the Ukhia Camp, Kutupalong Camp, and other remote camps close to the Bangladesh Myanmar border area.
In December of 2017 the Founder of Dar-El-Salam Travel Haji Moustafa and Executive Imam of ADAMS Center Mohamed Magid traveled to the Rohingya Refugee Camps in Cox’s Bazaar. They volunteered and saw in person the hard work and dedication the BDesh partners have put into the Rohingya Camps. You can recapture some of their experience in the video above.
How Can You Help?
BDesh Foundation currently has three different projects on the grounds. You can donate to any of the projects below and they are also eligible for zakah and sadaqa! Below are baseline notes on each project and package/donation costs:
3. Project Medical Care:
You can send your checks payable to BDesh Foundation at the following address:
BDesh Foundation, Inc.
6 Silo Mill CT
Sterling, VA 20164 USA
4. WASH Project (Water and Sanitation)
Project Details: This project aims at providing new tube wells, proper restroom facilities, and special shower facilities for women and adolescent girls with proper privacy. This project will serve about 150,000 people. How can you support?
1. Each Tubewell cost about $500
2. Each Toilet unit cost about $50
3. Each Shower facility cost about $100