COVID- 19 (Corona Virus)
COVID – 19 (CORONA Virus)
Coronavirus has shifted the world as we know it
Since COVID-19, BDesh Foundation has been active in many community service efforts in Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, New York, North Carolina as well as overseas in Rohingya refugee camps and in Bangladesh.
Your donation can help make a difference during this global pandemic. Below are our COVID-19 emergency relief efforts that need your support
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said, ‘Give Sadaqa without delay, for it stands in the way of calamity. ‘ Al- Tarmidi.
COVID – 19 (CORONA Virus) Challenge
Coronavirus Relief: What’s Happening and How to Help
- Serve A Meal for Homeless, First Responders, and US Veterans.
- BDesh New York Delivering groceries to Elderly, single mothers and others in need.
- BDesh North Carolina volunteers are making masks.
- BDesh Bangladesh – Providing food baskets, Hygiene kits to Rohingya Refugees, and other districts like Dhaka, Sylhet, Mymensing, Pabna, Kustia and Barisal.
Serve A Meal
- 200+ homeless individuals sleep in closed quarters at homeless shelters in the Washington, DC metro area. While others are out on the streets.
- The majority of them are over 50 years old putting them at a higher risk than almost any other group.
With your $10 donation, we can provide hot meals to feed over 1,000 homeless individuals in the DC area through our Serve A Meal program.
Who will your donation impact?
- With the current pandemic currently your donation will support the homeless, US Veterans, and first responders in the DC metro area.
- We provide over 100+ meals to locations such as the Embry Rucker Shelter (Reston, VA), the CCNV Shelter (Washington, DC), the DC Veterans Group, Reston Hospital and more.
How are you distributing meals?
- Meals are prepared by local restaurants that follow CDC guidelines such as The Halal Guys (Ashburn), Subway (Sterling). Dhonno Fried Chicken (Sterling), Hyderabad Palace Catering (Aldie).
- BDesh volunteers deliver items to the respective service locations (i.e. shelters, hospitals, etc.) following social distancing guidelines.
Cost of a Meal
How much should you donate?
- We encourage you to sponsor 100 meals for $1000.
- Corporate sponsors are also welcome; please email email@example.com for more details.
Food Relief for COVID-19 Affected
Food Relief for COVID-19 affected Elderly and Vulnerable one in New York City
Who will your donation impact?
- Elderly who are vulnerable to COVID-19 virus or those who are recovering from it?
- Elderly with other critical medical conditions that limits mobility
- Low income households and single-mother households.
How are you distributing food?
How much should I donate?
Food Basket Items include
Canned tuna / Salmon
Distribution of COVID-19 Masks
RAMADAN FOOD BASKET
COVID-19 Emergency Relief for Rohingya and Others in Bangladesh
Rohingya refugees are also very vulnerable due to this pandemic.
BDesh Foundation’s Ramadan Food Basket program will help people in need during this crisis and in the month of Ramadan.
With $25 of your Sadaqa money, you can provide a family of 3 for a total of 2 weeks in Bangladesh with:
- 25 lbs rice worth $5.50
- 5 lbs of lentils worth $5.50
- 15 lbs of potatoes worth $5
- 4 lbs of sugar worth $3
- 3 liters of oil worth $3
- Onions worth $2.25
- Cover 75 cents worth of administrative costs
Your donation is zakat and sadaqa eligible. Our goal is to deliver food baskets to over 5,000 FAMILIES! Please don’t let these families go hungry during this pandemic and the blessed month of Ramadan. Food and hygiene distribution will be provided to Rohingya families, host communities as well as needy families in Dhaka, Sylhet, Mymensingh, Pabna, Barishal, and Kustia.